Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Kppp connects but cannot access internet

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1

    Kppp connects but cannot access internet

    Hi

    I have installed Knoppix on HD. When I run it from the CD I can connect without problems to internet using Kppp.

    However after installin it on HD, the modem connects to my ISP but, thats all. I cannot acces internet with any browser.

    I tried typing the ip addresses (for example google: 66.102.11.99) but no way.

    I tried making ping to some ip addresses but no way also.

    However, if I ping my local ip it works.

    I have read some other similar threads but it is not exactly the same.

    What do you think?

    Thanks a lot.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Graz - Austria - EU
    Posts
    6
    did you edit /etc/hosts with your host?
    in etc/resolv.conf you must enter the nameserver.... I think after HDD installation this file is set to default again...

Similar Threads

  1. Can't access internet
    By Wrincle in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-02-2004, 07:05 PM
  2. no internet access
    By tweety77 in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-21-2004, 05:11 PM
  3. kppp, the internet and group membership
    By fiets in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-04-2003, 11:26 PM
  4. modem Connects but no internet
    By mahdi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-04-2003, 09:46 AM
  5. Can't access the internet
    By Krazy in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-15-2003, 02:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU picture

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU

$11.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$350.48



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS picture

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS

$127.54



DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11 picture

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11

$149.00



Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600  Win 10 picture

Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10

$109.99