-
Modem detected but can not use it...
Knoppix 3.6 detected my modem but I can not use it to connect. In the command it says:
Opening device
Error RemoveLock
What does this mean?
Is my modem lock? How can I unlocked?
I have tried it from root command and from user command and I get the same error.
I have tried kppp, tab modem, query which should call the modem and it gives a message that the modem is busy.
I tried the mini terminal to set commands to the modem. It also says that the modem is busy. When I try to reset it, it says modem ready, but when I try to send command to modem, nothing happens.
Is there a way to check why the modem is detected but I can not use it? In windows, I can go to the control panel and click on the modem. Is there something similar to this in linux? Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By woestyn in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-01-2006, 10:21 AM
-
By Kowood in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-08-2005, 03:42 AM
-
By eeoam in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 11:48 PM
-
By maneeshkumar in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-09-2003, 04:18 PM
-
By Nesser in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-29-2003, 12:43 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM
$195.00

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99

SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99