Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: how to instal canon i250 driver on knoppix

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2

    how to instal canon i250 driver on knoppix

    Hello,

    I'm having troubles to instal my canon i250 printer on a knoppix linux. I found the driver for Red Hat 9.0 but it seems it doesn't work on knoppix due to a problem related to CUPS.

    I'm not a linux expert, so... can anybody give me easy-to-follow advice on this?

    Thanks,
    Túpac.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    260
    I'm not sure why you are trying to use a driver from Red Hat?
    You didn't say what version of knoppix you are running but to install a printer
    go to the kmenu, settings, and click Printing Manager.
    From the Printing Manager you can choose to install a new printer
    a wizard will guide you though the set up of your printer.
    If you run into problems post the errors and anything else that happens.
    Good luck!

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2
    I'm using a knoppix 3.0 and have already tried the printing manager. The thing is the i250 canon printer is not one of the listed printers. So I had to search on the internet for the drivers and found them but, as I said, they do not work because I guess they are made for Red Hat.

    Any other clue? Thanks for your help.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    260
    Well I don't know if it will work for this situation. You could use alien to convert
    the rpm to a deb package and then install the driver using dpkg.

    Go here: http://www.kitenet.net/programs/alien/ to read about alien.
    I have used alien to convert and install some software and as I said I don't know
    if it will work for your driver but it might.

    The basic steps are at the command line ( a terminal window) alien -d /home/myname/thepackageIwanttoconvert
    Of course you have to use the actual file names you have. if the driver converts then you do dpkg -i "myconvertedpackage"

    The easier way might be to just install a later version of knoppix or debian testing, but that's your call.

    Good Luck! Let me/this commmunity know if it works

Similar Threads

  1. Need Help: HD Knoppix Install --> Debian Unstable Instal
    By rossi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-08-2006, 03:40 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-02-2006, 04:03 AM
  3. Need Driver for Canon Pixma iP3000
    By Grandpa in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-15-2005, 03:32 AM
  4. working with Knoppix, mount HD, instal software..
    By a_hic in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-20-2005, 01:08 PM
  5. Canon i450 driver??
    By XTeam in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2003, 04:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597 picture

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597

$36.98



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch picture

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch

$115.00



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99