-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
kn2user
I have tried ttyS1 thru 4 and nothing happen. In Windows, my modem is on COM 2, which should be ttyS1 in Linux. I found
that the UART in Windows for my modem was UART: INS 8250. I called the command info setserial and this UART (INS
8250) is not listed in the info page so I am not sure if I should set the UART as INS 8250 or leave it as
unknown. I am not sure if this would solve my problem. But I am think in everyway possible to try to get it to work.
Do you know of a command that could list all the ports that Linux can detect on my system? Because I think that linux is not
detecting my ports correctly and I would like to see what ports it has found on my system.
When you say nothing happens what exactly is kppp doing-what is the response from kppp when you attempt to connect?
You could also try commands at the terminal e.g "pon yourisp.com" ( replace yourisp with what you have created as an account name using pppconfig.)
"pon" dials your modem and "poff" hangs up the connection.
You can also change modem settings and most other communication varibles using "minicom -s" at a terminal.
As far as a command that would list all your "ports" since your modem is a pci card (right?) then lspci -v gives you the pci card specs.
knoppix has a GUI that might do what you want Kmenu>System>Info Center.
Hope this helps I had a lot of modem issues when I installed debian "woody" a few years back which is how I learned some of this stuff.
Similar Threads
-
By woestyn in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-01-2006, 10:21 AM
-
By Kowood in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-08-2005, 03:42 AM
-
By eeoam in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 11:48 PM
-
By maneeshkumar in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-09-2003, 04:18 PM
-
By Nesser in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-29-2003, 12:43 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

ASRock b560 ATX Motherboard + Intel Core i5-11600K CPU Combo Gaming + 32 GB DDR4
$300.00

AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad
$355.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00

Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0
$38.00