-
Junior Member
registered user
Sorry, I don't have any suggestions. I've never used Jboss.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hi all. The orginal poster asked if there was a live cd that would open a mac floppy.
I am interested in this too. Although someone replied that it works in kanotix it doesn't work for me, and hfs+ definately does not work. Macs and PPC are second class citzens in linux.
As far as live cds go dyne:bolic is super for accessing files without worring about permissions.
You can do any editing of other partitions you want. Of course that's dangerous but it's still a great live cd.
-
Thank you Bodhi. I have to setle for Tomcat then. I will try BEA WebLogic as well, because I want to run a EJB container with Kanotix.
With the more friendly interface, I think that I will use Kanotix for my development work on my laptop. All Eclipse, BlueJ and the like, I can download and install on a harddisk partition, and I can run it from Kanotix. I use Fedora with my desktop, and JBoss runs OK there.
The only problem now is I have a D-Link DWL-650+ wireless card that Kanotix recognizes and is able to scan Wireless access point. However, it can never really connect, though I can connect with the same card with Win XP Professional to the same Wireless access point. Do you have any idea why ?
Thank you,
Linh.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Nope, no ideas. I haven't tried wireless under Linux. Hey, Eon I like that Dyna:bolic will let you change things without having to ask permission. Stux is the same way. Like you said its probably not real secure, but what does it matter when your running a live CD. I never liked asking permission from my mom, boss, or wife and I certainly don't like to ask the Operating System for permission to change a file.
-
Yahoo ! It works. I get information from this topic:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12351
First, I have to do the manual configuration (modifying the /etc/resolv.conf and /etc/network/interfaces) according to this link:
http://hardware.newsforge.com/hardwa...?tid=65&tid=81
After that, I still have to do as Guitare Geek said:
type - su root
then type - iwconfig wlan0 essid "Network Name"
my card is detected as "wlan0"
Now I am posting this post from Kanotix Linux, using wireless card D-Link Airplus DWL-650+ from my laptop.
Similar Threads
-
By fwheeler_1 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-13-2005, 05:58 PM
-
By bokaroseani in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-20-2005, 09:35 PM
-
By som in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-06-2005, 12:20 PM
-
By elcuco in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-04-2004, 01:42 PM
-
By mak468 in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 04-09-2004, 08:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS
$49.99

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

OPNsense Firewall Router VMware Edge 640 Atom C3758 32GB ECC RAM 256GB SSD 10Gbe
$284.99