Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 45 of 45

Thread: What Live CD would you recommand?

  1. #41
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    28
    Sorry, I don't have any suggestions. I've never used Jboss.

  2. #42
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    260
    Hi all. The orginal poster asked if there was a live cd that would open a mac floppy.
    I am interested in this too. Although someone replied that it works in kanotix it doesn't work for me, and hfs+ definately does not work. Macs and PPC are second class citzens in linux.

    As far as live cds go dyne:bolic is super for accessing files without worring about permissions.
    You can do any editing of other partitions you want. Of course that's dangerous but it's still a great live cd.

  3. #43
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8
    Thank you Bodhi. I have to setle for Tomcat then. I will try BEA WebLogic as well, because I want to run a EJB container with Kanotix.

    With the more friendly interface, I think that I will use Kanotix for my development work on my laptop. All Eclipse, BlueJ and the like, I can download and install on a harddisk partition, and I can run it from Kanotix. I use Fedora with my desktop, and JBoss runs OK there.

    The only problem now is I have a D-Link DWL-650+ wireless card that Kanotix recognizes and is able to scan Wireless access point. However, it can never really connect, though I can connect with the same card with Win XP Professional to the same Wireless access point. Do you have any idea why ?

    Thank you,
    Linh.

  4. #44
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    28
    Nope, no ideas. I haven't tried wireless under Linux. Hey, Eon I like that Dyna:bolic will let you change things without having to ask permission. Stux is the same way. Like you said its probably not real secure, but what does it matter when your running a live CD. I never liked asking permission from my mom, boss, or wife and I certainly don't like to ask the Operating System for permission to change a file.

  5. #45
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8
    Yahoo ! It works. I get information from this topic:
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12351

    First, I have to do the manual configuration (modifying the /etc/resolv.conf and /etc/network/interfaces) according to this link:
    http://hardware.newsforge.com/hardwa...?tid=65&tid=81

    After that, I still have to do as Guitare Geek said:
    type - su root
    then type - iwconfig wlan0 essid "Network Name"

    my card is detected as "wlan0"

    Now I am posting this post from Kanotix Linux, using wireless card D-Link Airplus DWL-650+ from my laptop.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Similar Threads

  1. SB Live no sound with 4.0.2 live CD; SMP kernel's fault?
    By fwheeler_1 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-13-2005, 05:58 PM
  2. Whats the difference between a Live CD and a live DVD?
    By bokaroseani in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-20-2005, 09:35 PM
  3. Live-CD
    By som in forum Other Live CDs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-06-2005, 12:20 PM
  4. looking for a live cd
    By elcuco in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-04-2004, 01:42 PM
  5. live cd
    By mak468 in forum General Support
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-09-2004, 08:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700 picture

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700

$289.99



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell PowerEdge R640  8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU picture

Dell PowerEdge R640 8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU

$315.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99



Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM) picture

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)

$299.95



Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server picture

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server

$349.99