-
Junior Member
registered user
How to set up a persistant home on Pollix
How to create a persistant home with Pollix.
Pollix has 4 X-window managers; Fluxbox,IceWM,Twm, and Xfwm/XFce. IceWM is the default X-window manager. Each X-interface has different program menus. You can not access the Knoppix create a persistant home from the IceWM interface. (so far as I can see) You can access the program from XFce X-wnidow. Here is the steps I took to create a persistant home in Pollix.
1. switch to XFce X-window.
On the start menu select programs>windows managers>XFwm/XFce. The interface will change.
2. Left click on the desktop an a drop down menu appears. follow these steps:select User menu>KDE>Knoppix>configure>create a
persistant Knoppix Home Directory. The create a home wizard will launch. You are familar with creating a home so I won't bore you
with the details.
3.To go back to IceWM from XFce interface: Left click desktop and select User menu>Debian>windows managers>IceWM.
I haven't had good result from trying to use the boot cheat for loading the configuration, so at boot just use the cheat for home:
knoppix home=/dev/sda1 (or where ever you create it). I set up my desktops the way I like them first and then create my home, that way the configuration is saved the way I like it.
Hope this helps.
PS: Pollix does have mysql, go here to read the package list.
http://moe.tnc.edu.tw/~kendrew/polli...ollix.packages
I have never used mysql so I don't know how to access it in Pollix. I would suppose one would have to use the command line.
Similar Threads
-
By fwheeler_1 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-13-2005, 05:58 PM
-
By bokaroseani in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-20-2005, 09:35 PM
-
By som in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-06-2005, 12:20 PM
-
By elcuco in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-04-2004, 01:42 PM
-
By mak468 in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 04-09-2004, 08:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$155.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

Protectli Vault FW4C-0-8-120 - 4 port, Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 128GB
$180.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$239.99

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX
$69.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00