-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Where is the persistant home directory and how do I delete
I created a persistant home directory under Knoppix. I told it NO, do not replace my entire hda5 partition with a persistant home directory, then told it to take 30 megs from hda5 for the persistant home directory. Everything went well. I rebooted wih the home=scan option, saved a small file there, confirmed that it persisted. When I went back into Windows I expected to see some file that Knoppix had created 30 megs in size that was holding the persistant home directory (similar to what I think Knoppix does when it needs to create swap space within a fat partition). But I can find no file created by Knoppix (in either partition, it should be on D, my fat partition, which is hda5. C is hda1 and is an ntfs partition).
Where is the persistant home directory that Knopix creates, as seen from the Windows viewpoint?
And how would I remove the persistant home directory (and get the space back) if I wanted to?
Similar Threads
-
By cgl in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-28-2005, 11:56 AM
-
By stan45 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-21-2005, 11:50 AM
-
By orsonjones in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-18-2004, 11:27 PM
-
By turbines in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-21-2004, 07:53 AM
-
By matt2kjones in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-21-2003, 07:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7" 4GB Wi-Fi + Verizon Tablet Working
$30.00

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77

Samsung Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 15.6 i7-1260P 16GB 1TB SSD Laptop FAST SHIP
$349.99