I am seriously missing something here. So any help is appreciated. I have been using KNOPPIX on many machines and even a complete USB key based KNOPPIX machine for long time. I never had problem with "config=scan home=scan" cheatcodes. Now here are different setups I tried and all these setups it doesn't detect my PH. It seems to load config properly but sometimes it doesn't do that as well. Any idea whats wrong?
Setup 1
- Running off CD
- /dev/hda2 - 25MB ext3 partition with configs.tbz and knoppix.sh
- /dev/hda3 - 5GB ext3 or FAT32 partition with PH
Setup 2
- Running off NTFS partition using PMI
- /dev/hda2 - 25MB ext3 partition with configs.tbz and knoppix.sh
- /dev/hda3 - 5GB ext3 or FAT32 partition with PH
Setup 3
- Running off CD
- /dev/sda1 - ext2 partition with configs.tbz and knoppix.sh and my PH
If I save my PH as loopback file in any of the above setups, everything seems to be working. But when I ask it to use complete partition to save my PH, home=scan or home=/dev/xxx doesn't seem to work. What am I missing here?

Intel Core i7-6700 SR2L2 3.40GHz 8 MB 4-Core LGA1151 Socket CPU Processor
$27.99
Intel Core i5-12500 3.00 GHz LGA 1700 Desktop CPU Processor SRL5V
$125.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core i7-12700K 12th Gen Desktop Processor – LGA 1700 – Unlocked
$280.00
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
AMD RYZEN 5 3600X 6-core 12-thread 3.8 GHz base clock AM4 CPU Processor
$65.00
Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99
Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99