-
floppyconfig best method?
Hey all! Ok, I've control-centered "my" wallpaper, window settings, konqueror behaviour (I like nothing on desktop, and konqueror to start @desktop, with Terminal on the bottom), and taskbar full of "my" frequently-used *knoppix-configure-save configuration on floppy, and use (@boot: )knoppix floppyconfig
...so if I login like so, then change more settings-what's the best way to save these? I've read heaps of posts and don't really get the answer (most people'r giving up and hdd-installing etc), so I'm guessing:
delete configs etc on floppy, then save configuration again, (will all my pre-loaded settings be saved too?) but: with the problems I'm having with (permissions?) using the floppy drive I'm guessing there'll be some "mounting/unmounting involved in between.
or: start with knoppix out-of-the-box and make "all" the changes to "all" the programs I'll use, and save-configuration that?
um, please could some-one step-by-step-it so this newbie can understand/perform? (especially including the floppy drive stuff)
thanx
Similar Threads
-
By Stan_ in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-02-2010, 07:06 PM
-
By gildedlink in forum The Lounge
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-28-2005, 09:22 PM
-
By metzelplik in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-27-2004, 07:18 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-04-2004, 11:31 PM
-
By botulism in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-02-2003, 03:16 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Iomega Bernoulli 90 PRO 90MB SCSI Removable Disk Drive + Extras
$124.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00

Vintage Laptop HP Hewlett Packard Pavilion N3110 Celeron 433 MHz *Please Read*
$50.99

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Aureal Vortex 2 AU8830A2 BA88ST30A-01 PCI Sound Card Vintage Untested
$44.85

RAM-Tester for vintage RAM, 4816, 4164, 41256, 514402, and more - USA Seller
$35.00

Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New
$82.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00