I just installed knoppix on my machine (knoppix-installer). I would like to stabilish the root and user passwords.
How can I do that??
I just installed knoppix on my machine (knoppix-installer). I would like to stabilish the root and user passwords.
How can I do that??
That should have been part of the install. Didn't you set passwords and user names when doing the install?
Passwords are not set during the install if it's a knoppix style install.
You can set (or change) the passwords with the command 'sudo passwd' (for root) or 'sudo passwd knoppix' (for user knoppix).
CrashedAgain is right.
I did a so fast installation that I got myself confused if the system had ever asked me for the root and user passwords. I think not.
I''ll follow CrashedAgain advice. I'll set passwords as his directions.
Thaks all.

Vintage Laptop HP Hewlett Packard Pavilion N3110 Celeron 433 MHz *Please Read*
$50.99
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00
Vintage Kaypro WordStar MailMerge User Guide + CP/M Manuals Pair No Disks
$24.99
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage AT&T PC 6300 PC Interface Sealed Communications Series Factory Sealed
$24.99
Coach Vintage BlackNylon Leather Messenger Crossbody Laptop Bag Style 5115
$90.00
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00
Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New
$82.00