That should have been part of the install. Didn't you set passwords and user names when doing the install?
I just installed knoppix on my machine (knoppix-installer). I would like to stabilish the root and user passwords.
How can I do that??
That should have been part of the install. Didn't you set passwords and user names when doing the install?
Passwords are not set during the install if it's a knoppix style install.
You can set (or change) the passwords with the command 'sudo passwd' (for root) or 'sudo passwd knoppix' (for user knoppix).
CrashedAgain is right.
I did a so fast installation that I got myself confused if the system had ever asked me for the root and user passwords. I think not.
I''ll follow CrashedAgain advice. I'll set passwords as his directions.
Thaks all.

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99
G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00
Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US
$125.98
MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.26
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00