That should have been part of the install. Didn't you set passwords and user names when doing the install?
I just installed knoppix on my machine (knoppix-installer). I would like to stabilish the root and user passwords.
How can I do that??
That should have been part of the install. Didn't you set passwords and user names when doing the install?
Passwords are not set during the install if it's a knoppix style install.
You can set (or change) the passwords with the command 'sudo passwd' (for root) or 'sudo passwd knoppix' (for user knoppix).
CrashedAgain is right.
I did a so fast installation that I got myself confused if the system had ever asked me for the root and user passwords. I think not.
I''ll follow CrashedAgain advice. I'll set passwords as his directions.
Thaks all.

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$288.00
Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS
$49.99
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$278.99
Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00