Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Are these bugs or what?

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    52

    Are these bugs or what?

    I found several files that are links to unknown in Knoppix 3.6 running from CD. I am not sure if I should report them as bugs or what.

    Here is a list of the files:

    /usr/bin/gcj
    /usr/bin/gcjh
    /usr/bin/j2sdk-config
    /usr/doc/cvs-buildpackage
    /usr/doc/dhcp
    /usr/doc/librubv
    /usr/doc/task-laptop
    /usr/lib/lib-gnu-awt-xlib.so
    /usr/lib/libwine-tsx11.so
    /mnt/floppy
    /lib/modules/2.6.7/build

    I am not sure if this is the full list of files that are links to the unkown because I found these and decided to ask people what they think before I look for more.
    If these are bugs, than I will post them to the bugs list as soon as it is up.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    100
    Yes, I'd call this a bug, but I'm not sure whom this should be reported to... I *think* symbolic links should be handled by the .deb packages when they are installed, removed, or updated (the latter being the case e.g. gcj; link points to v3.2 when actually v3.3 is installed).

    Better informed opinions, somebody, please?

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    52
    Should I report this in Knoppix bugs or in Debian bugs?

Similar Threads

  1. Few annoying bugs
    By lotech in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-26-2005, 03:26 AM
  2. Bugs - How do I sign in and report bugs?
    By pelican in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-06-2004, 07:02 PM
  3. Bugs in 3.4
    By firebyrd10 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-08-2004, 01:15 AM
  4. 3 bugs/problems...
    By gizmu in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-31-2003, 10:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.58