Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Icewm vs Icewm-gnome?

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    149

    Icewm vs Icewm-gnome?

    Hi;

    I'm an icewm so I was pleased to see that knoppix has it.

    I installed knoppix to my hard drive and I noticed that it has an "icewm" and an "icewm-gnome".
    Is there any difference between the two?

    The only thing I noticed was that icewm-gnome appears to be compiled to have the menu of gnome programs.

    I also noticed that there is .icewm in my home directory. Where is icewm picking up the prefs from then?

    Thanks in advance

    Steve

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Podunk, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    470
    I may be wrong but I think that icewm-gnome is icewm on top of gnome.

    I also noticed that there is .icewm in my home directory. Where is icewm picking up the prefs from then?
    Did you mean? I also noticed that there is *NO .icewm in my home directory

    default system-wide icewm settings, ie, preferences, menu, taskbar etc. should be in /etc/X11/icewm

    rock

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    149
    Yes, I meant that I did NOT notice a .icewm in my home directory.

    I did notice that gnome is using icewm as its window manager( what version of gnome? ), but apart from that there is icewm and icewm-gnome listed at startup in the choice of desktops.

    Steve[/quote]

Similar Threads

  1. IceWM
    By RoyalMail in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-20-2005, 06:12 PM
  2. installed icewm, cannot get back into kde
    By helios17 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-03-2004, 01:58 AM
  3. Use IceWM instead of KDE
    By uraclea2002 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-08-2004, 01:35 AM
  4. can icewm run openoffice?
    By kscott9 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-01-2004, 04:12 PM
  5. support for IceWM environment
    By hampi in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-26-2003, 08:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$318.99



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%) picture

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)

$45.00



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s

$78.00



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99



Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested

$149.99