Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Getting Frustrated.....

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    USA, West Coast
    Posts
    4

    Getting Frustrated.....

    Question:

    Is there a tool that will tell me what is broke in knoppix 3.4/3.6. All of a sudden All of the media Players will not play any Video's or Audio, My Samba is still broken. I can't browse anything , the KDE Menu Bar shows funky colors unless I have a totally black background. I can't get any screensavers to work other then "Blank" Xine crashes when I touch the gui with the mouse every time.

    I have uninstalled and reinstalled all of the mentioned apps and still get the same results.

    Should I just revert back to 3.3?

    At least Samba worked and I was able to resource my Share Drives etc.....

    Is there something I can do to just check what is broke, and fix it?

    Thanks
    CII

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    Are you using Knoppix from a HD install?

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    80
    You could try removing the programs and instlling the older versions that worked. of course the problems may go deeper than that but its an idea untill some one more inteligent than i can type out a plausable fix.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-06-2004, 08:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B  607-0103-C  607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++ picture

Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B 607-0103-C 607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++

$169.00



Vintage Apple iMac G4 15

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers

$300.00



Apple IIe Vintage Computer A2S2064  Powers On Apple II Untested For Parts/repair picture

Apple IIe Vintage Computer A2S2064 Powers On Apple II Untested For Parts/repair

$149.99



Vintage Apple Extended Keyboard- M0115 - no cord picture

Vintage Apple Extended Keyboard- M0115 - no cord

$49.99



Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations  Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981 picture

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981

$295.00



VINTAGE APPLE COMPUTER MONITOR Mdl# G090H w/Stand Jun1984 POWERS ON*REPAIR*B4100 picture

VINTAGE APPLE COMPUTER MONITOR Mdl# G090H w/Stand Jun1984 POWERS ON*REPAIR*B4100

$110.00



Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed picture

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed

$69.95



LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED picture

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED

$80.00



Vintage Apple PowerBook 15” G4 “Aluminum” (1.25GHz/2gb/150gb/Tiger) 2 picture

Vintage Apple PowerBook 15” G4 “Aluminum” (1.25GHz/2gb/150gb/Tiger) 2

$109.99



Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681 picture

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681

$299.99