I don't know of any pacakges for voice recognition, but if you are looking for voice emulation, then you can try Festival.
http://www.cstr.ed.ac.uk/projects/festival/
apt-get install festival
I am interested in a voice interface Knoppix edition that incorporates various open source accessibility technologies. I use Knoppix regularly but am a newbie to remastering. I have tried one edition for the blind but it only had a braille interface. Most blind or vision impaired people do not know braille. A Knoppix edition to demonstrate the power of open source solutions for accessibility could also be of use to average users and the illiterate. Any help or advise would be appreciated! Thank you.
Specific questions:
-Any recommedations for desktop environments that integrate with open source voice interfaces?
-Any recommendation of open source voice interfaces?
-Any recommendations for artificial intelligence interfaces?
-Any guidelines for minimal list of Knoppix files?
I don't know of any pacakges for voice recognition, but if you are looking for voice emulation, then you can try Festival.
http://www.cstr.ed.ac.uk/projects/festival/
apt-get install festival
also flite TTS : http://www.speech.cs.cmu.edu/flite/
apt-get install flite ( http://packages.debian.org/testing/sound/flite )
Also http://oralux.org
![]()

VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold "AS-IS" for Parts or Repair
$88.75
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25
Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2
$70.00
Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95
INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00
Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00
ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm
$48.95