same here... it get's annoying and distracting
I downloaded Knoppix gamer. Very nice start for a remaster. It auto starts xsnow. It's cute at first with falling snowflakes in the background. But I want it to default to off for my remaster. any ideas what I can do? What script should I edit?
same here... it get's annoying and distracting
Well you could crontab a kill command for it or write a simple script to kill it and put that in /etc/skel/.kde/Autostart. Most likely its part of the /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession script or alternately in its own init script in /etc/rc5.d
I opened those scripts with kwrite. didn't find any reference to xsnow. I found a file K10xsession with nvidia and ati scrips but nothing about xsnow. Maybe I could just uninstall xsnow rather than try to write a command to kill it. I wouldn't know how to do that anyway. however it seems like the simplest thing to do would be to remove the line of code that starts it up wherever that might be.
Found it! Right where you would put the program to kill it! /etc/skel/.kde/Autostart. You have to veiw show hidden folders.
Thank you once again arkaine23
javascript:emoticon('')

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00
Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5" Hard Drive MB4000GCWDC /ST4000NM0033
$125.00
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$339.00
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99
New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59