-
home on HDD and kliks ?
hi, I read about "klik" .... very cool,
Now how can I make my home directory stay on HDD and all programs installed via
klik to go there... but on the other hand still to boot from the CD...
And if I later decide to do knx-hdinstall, will klik packges be preserverd..
tia
-
Senior Member
registered user
make a persistent home directory on the Hardrive. If its not NTFS then you'll be able to. Just click the knoppix menu, config, create persistent home
-
klik with persistent home
I tried klik with persistent home and it does not work for me. Please let me know if I am doing something wrong. I am trying to use persistent home with knoppix 3.4 via cheatcode knoppix home=/dev/sda1
Do we need to create the persistent home directory first? Then install klik after the reboot? Do we need to use persistent home and save my config?
Every time I use klik, the klik program disappears and there is the install directory on my hdd. Please let me know your successful configurations. Thank you.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Do we need to create the persistent home directory first? Then install klik after the reboot? Do we need to use persistent home and save my config?
Yes. I found it best to save the configuration file - reboot with myconf=scan - create a persistent home - reboot with home = scan and myconf = scan
I created a 230MB PH on a pen drive. Once you start using Klik you'll find the space runs out quite quickly so a larger PH on your hard drive may be a better way to go
drb
Similar Threads
-
By toecutter in forum Klik
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-05-2005, 12:52 PM
-
By harryhood in forum Klik
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-22-2005, 11:36 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-17-2004, 02:19 AM
-
By Dr U in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 13
Last Post: 04-12-2004, 08:55 AM
-
By ktheking in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-02-2004, 09:35 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop
$40.00

Netac 512GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6 Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/MAC
$73.00