Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: No Klik for me... Protocol not supported

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    65

    No Klik for me... Protocol not supported

    I installed and ran klik on a computer at work. Then I successfully installed Firefox. But on my home system, it won't work. I keep getting a protocol not supported error. I next tried Flash, and that seems to be downloading okay. Any idea why Firefox isn't working? Could it have to do with the fact I had had it installed previously?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949

    Re: No Klik for me... Protocol not supported

    Quote Originally Posted by jMon54
    I installed and ran klik on a computer at work. Then I successfully installed Firefox. But on my home system, it won't work. I keep getting a protocol not supported error. I next tried Flash, and that seems to be downloading okay. Any idea why Firefox isn't working? Could it have to do with the fact I had had it installed previously?
    The fix is to install klik, install firefox, reinstall klik.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    Close actually the procedure is:
    1. Open Firefox/Mozilla
    2. (Re)install klik client

    (Reason: Firefox/Mozilla arbitrarily names its profile folders, so they must be created first in order for klik to know where to write the settings to. You could call that "bad design" if you want.)

    Greetings,
    probono

Similar Threads

  1. Klik is not a registered protocol
    By emlee5 in forum Klik
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-04-2006, 08:55 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-16-2005, 02:22 PM
  3. Protocol not supported audiocd
    By Laurie in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-27-2003, 04:27 PM
  4. Gaim MSN: Protocol not supported :S
    By alexi02 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-30-2003, 05:34 PM
  5. ipchains: Protocol not available
    By ToWER in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-25-2003, 10:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard

$95.99



ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU

$45.00



Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK picture

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK

$154.99