Are you using Knoppix from a HD install?
Question:
Is there a tool that will tell me what is broke in knoppix 3.4/3.6. All of a sudden All of the media Players will not play any Video's or Audio, My Samba is still broken. I can't browse anything , the KDE Menu Bar shows funky colors unless I have a totally black background. I can't get any screensavers to work other then "Blank" Xine crashes when I touch the gui with the mouse every time.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled all of the mentioned apps and still get the same results.
Should I just revert back to 3.3?
At least Samba worked and I was able to resource my Share Drives etc.....
Is there something I can do to just check what is broke, and fix it?
Thanks
CII
Are you using Knoppix from a HD install?
You could try removing the programs and instlling the older versions that worked. of course the problems may go deeper than that but its an idea untill some one more inteligent than i can type out a plausable fix.

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox
$620.00
Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99
Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99
Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95