-
Junior Member
registered user
minirt24 drove me crazy :-(
I am customising Knoppix 3.4 and the minirt24.gz drove me crazy
I gunzip it , then mount -o loop it, modified it, then gzip it, copy it to master/boot/isolinux, then
mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "LABEL" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat -hide-rr-moved -o /mnt/hda2/knx1/knoppix.iso /mnt/hda2/knx1/master
I noticed everytime i mkisofs, the isolinux.bin also changed.
When I boot from the new cd, it loaded the linux24 and minirt24 without problem, then it do the "Looking for CDROM in ..." but can't find the KNOPPIX cd so it failed.
The weird thing is, if i use the original minirt24.gz and make the cd by exactly same way, it can boot. then I put the bootable cd in a cdburner, load the original session, then add a new session, just use my new minirt24.gz and isolinux.bin to replace the original one, this time it can find the Knoppix in /dev/scd0 and boot successful, and it's using my new version minirt24.gz. ( I found my new script worked ! )
-
Junior Member
registered user
found a topic might be related :
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2784
I am editing the linuxrc with vi, but I didn't use -9 with gzip, not sure if it's the case. will give it a try tomorrow. still couldn't understand why put a additional minirt24 can work.
-
Did you remember to unmount the loopfs before you gzip it again?
Similar Threads
-
By kistonce in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-14-2005, 11:56 PM
-
By ilovelinux98 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-27-2005, 10:25 AM
-
By netgirl in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-19-2004, 02:28 PM
-
By greema in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-12-2004, 03:00 AM
-
By alex+ in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-28-2003, 04:00 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage IDE Removable Hard Drive Mobile Rack 5.25 Bay 50-Pin Tray + Maxtor 40GB
$49.99

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

Vintage Apple Keyboard II Model M0487 & G5431 Mouse UNTESTED AS-IS
$59.99

Vintage Toshiba T3400CT Mini Laptop 486SX-33, 4MB **NO POST, Bad Screen, AS-IS
$75.00

Vintage Dysan 100 MD2HD 5.25” Floppy Disks 10 Pack Sealed Double Sided HD | IBM
$38.00

Vintage Apple Kensington SaddleBag Convertible Laptop Backpack Messenger Bag Y2K
$49.95

Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New
$82.00

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37