-
how to add symbolic link to root
I have been having fun remastering Knoppix to create a portable development environment for a particular project. I removed some software and installed lots of new software I need and all works well.
Most of the process is black magic to me and I am using the excellent knoppix-remaster script which works a charm.
I want to put a symbolic link in the root directory (/) - but this hasn't worked for me.
I chroot into the remaster system and creating the link I require. I then go through the create compressed file system and create iso steps, but when I boot my new system, the link I created is missing from /
Can anyone tell me how to include a symbolic link in the root directory of my re-mastered Knoppix?
Similar Threads
-
By Fatcharlie in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 12
Last Post: 11-21-2005, 07:57 PM
-
By Jameson in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-21-2005, 03:14 AM
-
By Jameson in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-26-2004, 09:07 PM
-
By sklynn in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-07-2004, 02:34 AM
-
By xiao in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-22-2003, 04:46 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

Atari OS & Memory Expansion Cartridges Lot - Untested Possibly For Parts/Repairs
$149.97

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Atari 400 Computer System console with Power Supply TESTED and Working
$150.00