Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: need help! no sound on Debian linux

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    6

    need help! no sound on Debian linux

    I just installed Debian Linux 2.6.9
    I created two accounts. When I log in as the first user account, I have sound. However, when I log in as the second user, I don't have sound. Can anyone please help me?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    6
    It is fine now. I found the solution already. I add the user to the sound group. Thanks

Similar Threads

  1. Debian : how can i install my sound card?
    By johnsmith01 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-28-2006, 06:19 AM
  2. Why Linux? Why Debian?
    By aay in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-08-2004, 05:21 AM
  3. Sound Problem w/ knoppix/debian
    By Banko in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-23-2003, 03:20 AM
  4. Article - HOWTO get the ALSA sound modules working in Debian
    By Dave_Bechtel in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-13-2003, 02:06 PM
  5. Debian Linux Book?
    By Neb00 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-03-2002, 08:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core Ultra 7 270K Plus 24 cores (8 P-cores + 16 E-cores) picture

Intel Core Ultra 7 270K Plus 24 cores (8 P-cores + 16 E-cores)

$269.99



AMD Ryzen 7 5800XT 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 5800XT 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor

$179.99



Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW picture

Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW

$225.00



HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD picture

HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD

$199.95



*Brand New-Factory Sealed* AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 5.6GHz AM5 00-100001973WOF picture

*Brand New-Factory Sealed* AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 5.6GHz AM5 00-100001973WOF

$429.00



Dell - XPS 13.4

Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...

$599.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW

$395.00



AMD Ryzen 7 7700 8-Core 3.8GHz Socket AM5 CPU w/ Wraith Cooler 100-100000592BOX picture

AMD Ryzen 7 7700 8-Core 3.8GHz Socket AM5 CPU w/ Wraith Cooler 100-100000592BOX

$135.00



Lenovo Thinkbook 14 inch (256GB, Intel Core i7 8th Gen., 1.80GHz, 8GB) Laptop - picture

Lenovo Thinkbook 14 inch (256GB, Intel Core i7 8th Gen., 1.80GHz, 8GB) Laptop -

$429.99



Ryzen 7 8700F New AMD Socket AM5 4.10GHz 8Core/16Thr L3 16MB 65W CPU Processor picture

Ryzen 7 8700F New AMD Socket AM5 4.10GHz 8Core/16Thr L3 16MB 65W CPU Processor

$138.99