-
-
Real Player
Hi,
I mastered my own Knoppix CD. I dropped all of the KOFFICE stuff, I then added 1) realpalyer 2) divx codex 3) galeon
There is a package called realplayer,
which isn't really realplayer but just an installer for realplayer. You
are supposed to go and download a realplayer package,
rp8_linux20_libc6_i386_cs2_rpm, tell the installer where the package is,
and have it installed.
The debian real player installer was in the unstable/net/reaplayer.html, but it is no longer there.
With the deb package and teh rp8_linux20_libc6_i386_cs2_rpm I know you can install on a regular file system, it may or may not work on a live CD.
Try following the docs at http://linux.bryanconsulting.com/stories/storyReader$21
That may work for you.
-
I used apt-get with some errors and kpackage with your tips to eventually install it....
I really cant recomend this process..
-
Member
registered user
Re: realplayer install

Originally Posted by
thewalkingman
how?
I got realplayer8 from the netscape plugin site (mozilla - help - about plugins) and installed it according to the README to ~/RealPlayer8 dir.
If you have probs with the soundcard (running soundserver in kde), just start realplayer with:
Code:
artsdsp ~/RealPlayer8/realplay
But it works only standalone, not as mozilla plugin.
tom
-
OK - It is a year late - but it worked for me
Hi Ya,
Me again - the Linux Beginner who likes to play around. This Forum is great - I installed the RealPlayer Plugin from via the Mozilla Plugin Page, but the sound just wouldn't play.
The I found the tip below:
If you have probs with the soundcard (running soundserver in kde), just start realplayer with:
Code:
artsdsp ~/RealPlayer8/realplay
But it works only standalone, not as mozilla plugin.
Well... there is a way you can make it work for the plugin - change the desktop link to Mozilla application and put on the execute tab... it worked like a charm for me...
Similar Threads
-
By mpeters13 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-16-2003, 09:56 PM
-
By joekm in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-25-2003, 02:54 PM
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-20-2003, 05:43 PM
-
By Fabianx in forum Ideas
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-19-2003, 04:28 AM
-
By Robert Michel in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-05-2003, 06:29 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99