-
Senior Member
registered user
how to boot with floppyconfig
I have a computer with no usb ports, which is unable to boot off of CD, so I boot knoppix 3.4 off by booting off the 2 boot floppies that I made in knoppix.
It turns out that when you make boot floppies in knoppix, the first boot floppy is a DOS format floppy that I could also copy knoppix.sh/configs.tbz to, however the boot requires the ramdisk image off the 2nd floppy which seems to be in tar streaming format, not DOS format.
How can I boot with the floppyconfig cheatcode? the floppy drive already has a tar formatted floppy in the drive so I don't know if I can sneak the knoppix.sh/configs.tbz onto that floppy, and after the 2nd floppy (ramdisk image) is done loading, there is no time to swap floppies in the floppy drive so that it could find knoppix.sh. I even tried hooking up a 2nd floppy drive but apparently the myconf=scan does NOT check for a 2nd floppy drive.
Similar Threads
-
By gfs in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 16
Last Post: 09-10-2005, 08:49 PM
-
By Sw@ppa in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-26-2005, 12:40 PM
-
By harryhood in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-17-2005, 09:28 PM
-
By Boffy655 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-08-2003, 05:03 AM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-21-2002, 08:48 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Set of 2 HMAA4GR7CJR8N-XN HYNIX 32GB (1X32GB) 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA MEMORY
$600.00

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

SAMSUNG M393A2K43CB2-CTD8Y 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V ECC REG Server Memory RAM
$160.00

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

LOT OF 100 MTA18ASF2G72XF1Z-2G9 Micron 16GB DDR4-2933MHz ECC 1Rx4 NVDIMM Memory
$9900.00

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50