Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by fischer1000
From the note mentioned on http://games-knoppix.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/ it looks like Parallel [the KNOPPIX 3.7 based "Games Knoppix" derivate cd] cannot be distributed? Is it not GNU/GPL?
it's GPL, like the "normal" Knoppix.

Quote Originally Posted by fischer1000
There is no mention of which License it is released under? Is this restriction only for Germany? So it can be freely downloaded but not given away or sold on a cd

The knoppix.net home page, mentioned : Parallel, a KNOPPIX 3.7 based "Games Knoppix" derivate with hardware accellerated graphics support is available for Download from the Unix-AG project homepage at the University of Kaiserslautern now.

On http://games-knoppix.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/, there is a note under legal issues, part of which I have copied as is here
Legal issues:....
Additionally, it's not allowed to distribute this piece of software on CD-ROM's or other physical media. You will get problems with the USK. You have been warned.
This is true for Germany. I don't know about the laws concerning youth protection in other countries, but in Germany this CD is
rated "18 or older" because it is not rated at all (I can't and won't pay 1000 EUR for each release to get their rating). There are
no cruel games on the CD but I have to add this disclaimer for people in Germany.

Ciao,
Martin