Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Booting 3.7 issue...

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    536

    Booting 3.7 issue...

    When I boot into 3.7(hd install) during the boot process it says it cannot load modules 2.6.8.1-10mdk no such file or directory. This is the enrty for my Mandrake install. It seems to be trying to get the correct knoppix modules from there and not from the knoppix place, where ever that is. When I try to do modconf to add certain modules myself, there are none at all there to load. How do I get it to load the knoppix modules and keep its nose out of the Mandrake modules? This also happens when I boot into RH9. I never got anything configured there yet anyway so that doesn't matter much.
    I did add all of the entries into lilo myself except for the mandrake one, that is the lilo i'm using. Does it maybe have something to do with that? Any help appreciated.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Kenya
    Posts
    16
    Since you say ANY help appreciated, here are some thoughts from a noob. When I used the Reiserfs system for Knoppix 3.7 I recieved a kernel panic message, even when I edited the Grub menu.lst appropriately in Mandrake. But when I reinstalled Knoppix with the ext3 filesystem (instead of Reiserfs) I had no problems booting.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981

    Re: Booting 3.7 issue...

    Quote Originally Posted by rrfish72
    When I boot into 3.7(hd install) during the boot process it says it cannot load modules 2.6.8.1-10mdk no such file or directory. This is the enrty for my Mandrake install. It seems to be trying to get the correct knoppix modules from there and not from the knoppix place, where ever that is. When I try to do modconf to add certain modules myself, there are none at all there to load. How do I get it to load the knoppix modules and keep its nose out of the Mandrake modules? This also happens when I boot into RH9. I never got anything configured there yet anyway so that doesn't matter much.
    I did add all of the entries into lilo myself except for the mandrake one, that is the lilo i'm using. Does it maybe have something to do with that? Any help appreciated.
    please post your lilo.conf. I had more or less the same thing happen except it kept wanting to load knoppix instead of mandrake. I thik the cure was to specify the whole path for the mandrake init etc even though I was told this shouldn't be necessary.

Similar Threads

  1. Booting Issue
    By Tyreses in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-21-2005, 10:12 PM
  2. issue with knoppix 3.4
    By ChronusDark in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-12-2004, 11:08 PM
  3. MBR issue
    By elqueso in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-18-2004, 01:14 AM
  4. apt-get issue
    By albertfuller in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-03-2003, 12:45 AM
  5. USB issue for VIA chipsets !!!!!!
    By ktheking in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-17-2003, 08:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



SK HYNIX 32GB 2RX4 PC4 2666V ECC SERVER RAM picture

SK HYNIX 32GB 2RX4 PC4 2666V ECC SERVER RAM

$199.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT picture

5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT

$9.99



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



M386A8K40DM2-CVF SAMSUNG 64GB (1X64GB) 4DRX4 PC4-2933Y SERVER MEMORY picture

M386A8K40DM2-CVF SAMSUNG 64GB (1X64GB) 4DRX4 PC4-2933Y SERVER MEMORY

$1400.00



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Memory Card Reader Mini 26-IN-1 USB 2.0 High Speed For CF xD SD MS SDHC picture

Memory Card Reader Mini 26-IN-1 USB 2.0 High Speed For CF xD SD MS SDHC

$4.95



Micron MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1SG 2RX4 32GB DDR4 PC4-2666V ECC Server Memory picture

Micron MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1SG 2RX4 32GB DDR4 PC4-2666V ECC Server Memory

$199.95