Hi
Maybe you could use the book described in this post
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...t=knoppix+book
or maybe contact the author and make some arrangement
Please pardon if this is a big breach of ettiquette; different forums have different levels of tolerance for posts such as this. Sometimes I shake my head at (other) clueless publishers who post idiotic questions in forums they don't understand. However, hopefully my circumstances are extenuating enough that you'll forgive....
Long sob story short: I'm a small publisher of narrowly focused software books, originally targeted at database developers, but adding a series of books for Windows folks moving to Linux. We're the most prolific publisher of OpenOffice.org books on the planet (our third just hit the printer last week, and a fourth is in the works.)
Personally, I'm a custom software developer specializing in database apps. I was a Microsoft MVP for 8 years and a Lifetime Achievement Award winner in their development tools division, but was ostracized for life when I switched to Linux and Open Source tools in 2002. I've also written a few books myself.
Anyway, after writing four rather marvelous chapters, the author for my Knoppix Komplete book has sort of had a string of bad luck, getting way behind in his work, and has disappeared. It's not likely that he'll write another word anytime soon, and I have a deadline to meet.
As a result, I'm looking for someone to take over and complete (komplete?) the book. I'm looking for someone who can produce about 150 pages of intermediate level material targeted at a Windows guy who suddenly needs to come up to speed on Knoppix, and needs a bit more hand-holding and thorough tutorial than the online docs, and something more in tune with 'getting started' than the wonderful ORA Hacks book that's recently come out.
Imagine that you were sitting next to a pal for a Saturday afternoon, showing him the ropes on using Knoppix, the tips and tricks, but also answering some (what seem to you to be) basic questions. That's the tone of the book, and the type of material we're covering in this book.
If you've read this far, maybe you're interested? Gimme a holler (reply off-list, pls) and we can talk about details - time frame, money, fame and glory, the sleepless nights, all that stuff.
Thanks,
Whil Hentzen
Hentzenwerke Publishing
whil -at- hentzenwerke -dot- com
Hi
Maybe you could use the book described in this post
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...t=knoppix+book
or maybe contact the author and make some arrangement
Here
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15644
someone is also in the process of writing a Knoppix book, perhaps there is a possibility for cooperation.

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Yealink SIP-T44W VoIP Phone 12-Line Gigabit Speakerphone RJ-45 Gray/Black
$44.00
Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99
5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120
$999.00
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99