Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: new password on knoppix

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    10

    new password on knoppix

    I just installed knoppix on my machine (knoppix-installer). I would like to stabilish the root and user passwords.
    How can I do that??

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    536
    That should have been part of the install. Didn't you set passwords and user names when doing the install?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981
    Passwords are not set during the install if it's a knoppix style install.
    You can set (or change) the passwords with the command 'sudo passwd' (for root) or 'sudo passwd knoppix' (for user knoppix).

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    10
    CrashedAgain is right.

    I did a so fast installation that I got myself confused if the system had ever asked me for the root and user passwords. I think not.

    I''ll follow CrashedAgain advice. I'll set passwords as his directions.

    Thaks all.

Similar Threads

  1. knoppix password
    By Harry Stossel in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-19-2006, 09:09 AM
  2. What is password for Knoppix 3.8?
    By dhs13 in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-09-2005, 04:25 AM
  3. Password Knoppix!!
    By Linux_geek_82 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-10-2004, 04:47 AM
  4. Knoppix 3.3 Password
    By pazza in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-31-2004, 06:46 PM
  5. How to Change Password to No Password?
    By TheCyberDude in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-19-2003, 10:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Yealink Touchscreen picture

Yealink Touchscreen

$99.00



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth picture

Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth

$49.95



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked) picture

Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)

$17.99



Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked) picture

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)

$18.99



Cisco CP-8875-K9 Video Phone 8875 IP Desk Phone Bluetooth Wi-Fi - Brand NEW picture

Cisco CP-8875-K9 Video Phone 8875 IP Desk Phone Bluetooth Wi-Fi - Brand NEW

$399.99



Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone - Charcoal picture

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone - Charcoal

$98.95



Cisco CP-8851-3PCC-K9= IP Phone 8851 with Multiplatform Firmware - Charcoal picture

Cisco CP-8851-3PCC-K9= IP Phone 8851 with Multiplatform Firmware - Charcoal

$60.00