-
WG511 Not Working After Install
Hi Guys-
I installed Knoppix Operator today onto my laptop hard drive. The LiveCD detected my netgear WG511, but once installing, this no longer works. I can run the following:
ifconfig eth1 up
wlcardconfig
netcardconfig
Here is what I get when I type ipconfig for eth0:
ip address 192.168.0.3
bcast: 192.168.0.255
subnet: 255.255.255.0
If I type iwconfig, I get the following:
ESSID: "Shadow"
Mode: Managed
I have to run those steps everytime I turn on the computer and I still cannot get onto the internet. How do I get internet access since the system now sees the card?
Thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By shodanjr_gr in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-27-2006, 10:59 AM
-
By eizo in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-20-2004, 02:52 PM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-17-2004, 04:22 PM
-
By :-) in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-09-2004, 02:04 PM
-
By ryan in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-07-2004, 12:52 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Sealed Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical X05-34207 PS2 USB IntelliEye
$99.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00

Vintage IBM ThinkPad 600X Type 2645 Laptop with accessories *Read Description*
$149.99

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Lot of 2 IBM PS/2 Floppy Drives
$25.00

Vintage 1998-1999 iMac G3 Computer Back Small Cover Plate for Apple Clear
$12.00

Huge Lot Vintage Computer Manuals Disc's Floppys Macopener Windows 95 & More
$140.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99