Have no clue about SDL audio but I would start looking by making sure SDL audio is configured to output through arts. If you have a KDE system, KDE is going to start art daemon & all sound MUST go though it.
Leave it to apt-get upgrade to break something....
this something in my case is the functionality of SDL audio. I'm using the program Kstella, a front-end for the Stella atari 2600. Yesterday sound was working fine, however today one apt-get upgrade later I get no sound.
the error message i get is as follows
/usr/games/stella -video soft -gl_filter nearest -gl_aspect 2 -palette standard -framerate 60 -zoom 2 -fullscreen false -gl_fsmax true -sound true -volume -1 -fragsize 512 -accurate false -grabmouse true -hidecursor true -paddle 0 -sssingle 1 -ssname romname "/home/hayabusa/atari roms/Cosmcark.bin"
WARNING: Couldn't open SDL audio system!
No available audio device
not sure why SDL is bitching, sound works just fine everywhere else in linux using ALSA/ Anyone have any experience with SDL? Any pointers on how to remedy this annoyance would be greatly appreciated
Have no clue about SDL audio but I would start looking by making sure SDL audio is configured to output through arts. If you have a KDE system, KDE is going to start art daemon & all sound MUST go though it.
I had/have SDl configured to use ALSA as opposed to ARTS. Not a big fan of ARTS myself, it's one of the few things I dislike about KDE.
I'm almost positive something got borked because of the upgrade and because I'm using the unstable branch. Something similar happened with KDM many months back. Hopefully the problem will sort itself out, though some suggestions on a workaround would be helpful

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89
LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04
2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99
Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99
US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89
2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99
Multifunctional Handheld Vacuum Cleaner & Blower for Keyboard/PC US SELLER
$39.99
Cordless Vacuum Cleaner for 20V Battery, 7-in-1 Lightweight Stick Vacu...
$149.15
Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99
Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard
$17.99