I've recently been using usb based sound cards. They seem to work really well under Knoppix and the have great sound quality.
Ok, I see I have to get a new sound card. My old Aureal 8810 just isn't supported.
So, What' the best sound card?
I've heard the Sound Blaster Live! is a good choice, the 16 bit version.
Any other options?
sakiZ
I've recently been using usb based sound cards. They seem to work really well under Knoppix and the have great sound quality.
Sound Blaster is a good choice, all the linux sound servers have support for them and creative even offers drivers.
All right, I just wanted to check back in. I pulled out the old Aureal 8810 card and put in the Sound Blaster 5.1 last night. The sound is noticably better.
So, both operating systems have benefited: XP and Knoppix.
Now I can play all my Windows wma files in Knoppix with Kaffeine. Yahoo!!!!!
sakiZ

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives
$59.99
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
Kingston IronKey Locker+ 50 USB Flash Drive 256GB
$150.00
LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00