Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: V3.2-2003-03-30 (small update)

  1. #11
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    16

    mozilla

    yeah, i thought autocomplete was turned off by default, but just checked my preferences and it's supposed to be on, but is not working..

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2

    SMB via Konqueror does no longer work

    since version from 28.03.03 SMB access via konqueror does no longer work, error message:
    Prozess konnte nicht gestartet werden: Aufruf des Ein/Ausgabe-Moduls nicht mφglich. klauncher meldet: Fehler beim Laden von "kio_smb"

    regards

    AEK

  3. #13
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256

    Re: Wine

    Quote Originally Posted by ss
    I really hope that this version can run my Ms Access 95 & Ms Visual Basic 4.0 using Wine.
    Somebody try it yet ?
    Did you get to run VB with WINE yet? I've tried in the past with no luck! If I could do this, I'd be able to leave M$ WINDOZE in the dust for good and all!

    You see, I teach:
    Quarter 1: QBASIC (I could use yabasic or xbasic for this or even dosemu?)

    Quarter 2: VBASIC (with WINE?)

    Semester 2: C++ (using GNU GCC g++ now for this)

    Year 2: Java (looking at GNU GCC gcj for this)

    Regards,

  4. #14
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    95
    A. Jorge Garcia:

    For Java, you could always use the Sun/Blackdown/IBM JVMs. They're much better than GCJ at the moment.

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SaS
    Knoppix have some trubles detecting creative PCI 128 sound card! Knoppix detects it incorectly and i must manualy fix it maybe in next realise klaus will fix it?
    My Audigy soundcard is detected by Knoppix's autoconfig, but no drivers for this card was found at all... Question is... when support for Audigy msx card will be integrated in Knoppix distribution? I found necessary drivers for Audigy/Audigy2 sound cards on Creative web page, but I am a totally "green user"... I can't install, and remaster Knoppix distribution for my Audigy card... I can't do this... I don't know how?

    PS: Big sorry for my very poor English, but this language isn't my native...

  6. #16
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by InfoNexus
    Quote Originally Posted by SaS
    Knoppix have some trubles detecting creative PCI 128 sound card! Knoppix detects it incorectly and i must manualy fix it maybe in next realise klaus will fix it?
    My Audigy soundcard is detected by Knoppix's autoconfig, but no drivers for this card was found at all... Question is... when support for Audigy msx card will be integrated in Knoppix distribution? I found necessary drivers for Audigy/Audigy2 sound cards on Creative web page, but I am a totally "green user"... I can't install, and remaster Knoppix distribution for my Audigy card... I can't do this... I don't know how?

    PS: Big sorry for my very poor English, but this language isn't my native...
    You can try my alsa-Script in the Ideas-Section, see "[ANNOUNCE] alsa ..."

    It'll hopefully soon be integrated into Knoppix, then you'll get your audigy to work with: "knoppix alsa"

    cu

    Fabian

  7. #17
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    84
    "when support for Audigy msx card"

    You might be interested in this post.
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1599

  8. #18
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    Quote Originally Posted by Viro
    A. Jorge Garcia:

    For Java, you could always use the Sun/Blackdown/IBM JVMs. They're much better than GCJ at the moment.
    OK, but aren't JVMs used in place of JREs? I need JDK.

    Regards,

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by genzo
    openoffice is almost all in english.. the file->new submenu and file->autopilot submenu are still in german.. very strange..
    Looking back, this has been a problem with all the English versions of Knoppix 3.2.

  10. #20
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    95
    A.Jorge Garcia:

    http://java.sun.com is where you can download the Sun JDK. It comes with the JVM too.
    http://www.blackdown.org is where you can download the Blackdown port of the JDK.

    The beauty of Linux is you can install as many JDK/JVM that you want and all you need to do is set the JDK_HOME variable and the PATH variable to point to the correct location and you're set.

    I'd ditch gcj for now as the performance I get from Blackdown is good.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. * V3.2-2003-03-23 (small updates)
    By Tigren in forum News
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-31-2008, 04:06 PM
  2. Version 3.3 2003-09-24 - Small Bug Fix.
    By Stephen in forum News
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-26-2003, 06:18 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-07-2003, 10:47 AM
  4. kernel won't boot on 5/20/2003 or 6/6/2003
    By jedovaty in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:36 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-31-2003, 05:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$12.99



SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 40 Cores Unlim CAL Retail License Authentic picture

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 40 Cores Unlim CAL Retail License Authentic

$299.00



OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$115.00



Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS β€” Box + PSU picture

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS β€” Box + PSU

$649.00



All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive picture

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive

$15.95



ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB picture

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB

$350.00



Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 β€” 3 DVD Set picture

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 β€” 3 DVD Set

$58.00



Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP picture

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP

$299.00



SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA picture

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA

$284.99