Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: WG511 Not Working After Install

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1

    WG511 Not Working After Install

    Hi Guys-
    I installed Knoppix Operator today onto my laptop hard drive. The LiveCD detected my netgear WG511, but once installing, this no longer works. I can run the following:
    ifconfig eth1 up
    wlcardconfig
    netcardconfig

    Here is what I get when I type ipconfig for eth0:
    ip address 192.168.0.3
    bcast: 192.168.0.255
    subnet: 255.255.255.0

    If I type iwconfig, I get the following:
    ESSID: "Shadow"
    Mode: Managed

    I have to run those steps everytime I turn on the computer and I still cannot get onto the internet. How do I get internet access since the system now sees the card?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    65
    http://www.ussysadmin.com/modules.php?name=Forums
    You could try your query at the above link.
    What kind of laptop are you running?
    Do you set your ip statically or with dhcp?
    Can you ping your router?
    Can you ping google.com?
    Can you ping 216.239.57.99? (google.com)
    Are you saying that your card worked until you installed to
    the hard drive?
    Show the complete output of ifconfig,iwconfig and route.
    Show the output of "cat /etc/resolv.conf"
    I have a card like yours,btw.Can you get it to work with
    a regular knoppix livecd?
    If you like Operator,you'll love

    http://www.remote-exploit.org/?page=auditor

    You might also want to checkout

    http://kanotix.com/info/index.php

    I think kanotix works better for a hard drive install.

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix on Amilo D CY-26 and Netgear WG511 PCMCIA
    By shodanjr_gr in forum Laptops
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-27-2006, 10:59 AM
  2. Knoppix 3.6 Netgear WG511 Problem
    By eizo in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-20-2004, 02:52 PM
  3. apt-get install not working....
    By rrfish72 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-17-2004, 04:22 PM
  4. Netgear WG511
    By :-) in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-09-2004, 02:04 PM
  5. Modem Working from cd but not HD install
    By ryan in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-07-2004, 12:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99



Western Digital 1TB 3.5

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive

$34.99



HGST 0F23072 Deskstar NAS 6TB SATA III 7200RPM 128MB 3.5in HDD picture

HGST 0F23072 Deskstar NAS 6TB SATA III 7200RPM 128MB 3.5in HDD

$84.99



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



HGST 0F23651 8TB SAS 12Gb/s 7200RPM 128MB 3.5

HGST 0F23651 8TB SAS 12Gb/s 7200RPM 128MB 3.5" Ultrastar He8 HDD

$89.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Western Digital Red WD60EFRX-68MYMN1 6 TB,Internal,5400 RPM,3.5 inch Hard Drive picture

Western Digital Red WD60EFRX-68MYMN1 6 TB,Internal,5400 RPM,3.5 inch Hard Drive

$179.99