Hello,
I confirm exactly the same behaviour at my side (using loadlin.exe release c).
Any explanations or advice ?
Thanks !
Hi!
I just downloaded knoppix 3.7 iso latested version, tried the loading from HDD( by poor man's install),I typed:
-------------------------------------------
loadlin.exe linux26 root=/dev/hda1 initrd=minirt26.gz lang=us fromhd=/dev/hda1
------------------------------------------
it started quickly ,but stalled at Kernel panic...it just got hang up there...........
later I typed:
-------------------------------------------
loadlin.exe linux24 root=/dev/hda1 initrd=minirt24.gz lang=us fromhd=/dev/hda1
------------------------------------------
it run smoothly into KDE , but that's in kernel 2.4.27.
In fact I'd like to try knoppix3.7 running in Kernel2.6.9......
How shoul I enter kernel 2.6.9's knoppix3.7? by which cheatcodes?
Alternatively if there're other more concise methods for loading up knoppix3.7 from hard disk's iso images/or extracted knoppix files on win fat partition , do let me know as well!
Do hope you help indeed!
Regards!
tom
Hello,
I confirm exactly the same behaviour at my side (using loadlin.exe release c).
Any explanations or advice ?
Thanks !
Hi musclemania,
I think I've found the solution, because I succeeded tonight with kernel 2.6;
I would not be surprised if your hda1 is a fat32 partition ?? Please confirm.
If so, let's try it with an ext2 partition !
Enjoy !
Bonjour!Ciranus,
Surely your guess 're quite true in my case: hda1 is a fat32 partition of windows.
But pratically, how should I load it with an ext2 partition?by which commands?
Pls. elaborate your success experience step by step, ok?
Regards!
Bon 2005!
vincent
Hi Vincent,
Sorry for late reply; I don't come so often here;
If I remember well.... you have first to extract /knoppix from the iso.
For kernel26: /knoppix placed on fat32, it does not work; placed on ext2 partition, it works.
nb: you can use IsoBuster under windows to extract /knoppix from iso, or mount iso file under linux:
**********mkdir /mnt/sarge
**********mount -t iso9660 /mnt/hda6/sarge-i386-1.iso /mnt/sarge -o loop
But.... I think cheat-code linux26 for loadlin does not work.
You need to use /install/2.6/*.* kernel&init files instead of defaut linux 24 files.
If an expert does not agree, he's welcome for comments !
Hope it helps !
Rgds.
Small correction: I'm now concentrated on pure Debian i.s.o. Knoppix which explains a confusion;
=> Sarge*.iso to be replaced by Knoppix*.iso
/install/2.6/*.* path is valid for Debian;
For Knoppix, files to be found at \boot\linux26 & \boot\minirt26.gz

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25
External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47
Acer Nitro 5 Gaming Laptop i5-12500H RTX 3050 Ti 16GB RAM 1.5TB SSD
$550.00
Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99