-
Junior Member
registered user
Re: Problems after apt-get upgrade

Originally Posted by
funny1
Hi,
I did an apt-get upgrade after which I am unable to do any other apt-gets. (I can however do an apt-get update). I looked at some other posts on this site on this issue and tried following the suggestions there, but am still stuck. Whenever I try and install a package it says the following package has unmet dependencies - libntfs5.
So I tried doing an install of libntfs5, it then says
dpkg- error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libntfs5_1.9.2-2_i386.deb (--unpack)
trying to overwrite `/usr/lib/libntfs.so.5.0.0', which is also in package ntfsprogs
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/libntfs5_1.9.2-2_i386.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
Following this I tried to remove the lib package in /var/cache/apt/archives and do a
'touch /usr/lib/libntfs.so.5.0.0' I have also tried to do an apt-get -f install but none of the above seem to work. I am therefore stuck and cannot download any packages. Can someone help?
Thanks.
From Chapter 7 of the Apt Howto:
"If the installation breaks in the middle of the process and you find that it's no longer possbile to install or remove packages, try running these two commands:
apt-get -f install
dpkg --configure -a
and then try again. It may be necessary to run the second command more than once."
Similar Threads
-
By voldemort_b in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 12
Last Post: 03-14-2004, 09:47 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 14
Last Post: 03-04-2004, 09:55 AM
-
By spiritwing in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-11-2004, 05:48 AM
-
By Paradox in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-07-2004, 01:58 AM
-
By silkodyssey in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-15-2003, 02:56 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5" SAS ST4000NM0025
$22.00

Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$69.00

Seagate BarraCuda ST1000DM010 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive
$63.99

Seagate Exos X16 ST10000NM010G 10TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e/4Kn HDD
$199.00