There is a program that allows it. Let me see If I can find it. (It may not be in knoppix.)
Hi Everyone,
what is the standard way of entering Japanese text in Knoppix/KDE - apps?
Or, in other words, what is the equivalent to Microsoft's IME PAD?
I selected Japanese a s an input option in the lower right corner
of the KDE - Taskbar, but to no effect. I also activated the support
for asian languages in OpenOffice, also to no effect. It is simply not
possible to enter Kana or Kanji.
What gives?
ak
There is a program that allows it. Let me see If I can find it. (It may not be in knoppix.)
http://klik.atekon.de/search.php?package=Japanese
Look at these and see if they're what you need.
Make sure klik is installed.
wget klik.berlios.de/client/install -O -|sh
Hi ak, any luck finding the right package? I am also looking for a package which works like Microsoft IME.
I have the same problem, I need to type japanese in Knoppix, like MS IME. Is there anything on the 4.0.2 DVD?

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch
$499.99
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
VA Linux 1120 1U Rackmount Server
$100.00
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
Dell SonicWall TZ400 Network Security Appliance Firewall New
$245.00
BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD
$169.99
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99