-
Japanese and Knoppix
Hi Everyone,
what is the standard way of entering Japanese text in Knoppix/KDE - apps?
Or, in other words, what is the equivalent to Microsoft's IME PAD?
I selected Japanese a s an input option in the lower right corner
of the KDE - Taskbar, but to no effect. I also activated the support
for asian languages in OpenOffice, also to no effect. It is simply not
possible to enter Kana or Kanji.
What gives?
ak
-
Senior Member
registered user
There is a program that allows it. Let me see If I can find it. (It may not be in knoppix.)
-
Senior Member
registered user
http://klik.atekon.de/search.php?package=Japanese
Look at these and see if they're what you need.
Make sure klik is installed.
wget klik.berlios.de/client/install -O -|sh
-
Hi ak, any luck finding the right package? I am also looking for a package which works like Microsoft IME.
-
I have the same problem, I need to type japanese in Knoppix, like MS IME. Is there anything on the 4.0.2 DVD?
Similar Threads
-
By simartial in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-08-2005, 09:17 PM
-
By ak in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-15-2004, 03:20 PM
-
By vaio55 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-17-2004, 03:35 AM
-
By oiic in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-11-2004, 11:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Computer Manuals and Disks - Windows 3.1, Epson, Quicken, and more
$101.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

7248 Micro Star Vintage Computerboard Kit For Rebuild Including Accessories
$60.00

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Apple III / External 5 1/4" Floppy Disk Drive A3M0004 - Untested
$120.00

Vintage 1983 Apple II ProDOS User's Kit Computer Software NEW SEALED A2D2010
$64.95

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72