There is a program that allows it. Let me see If I can find it. (It may not be in knoppix.)
Hi Everyone,
what is the standard way of entering Japanese text in Knoppix/KDE - apps?
Or, in other words, what is the equivalent to Microsoft's IME PAD?
I selected Japanese a s an input option in the lower right corner
of the KDE - Taskbar, but to no effect. I also activated the support
for asian languages in OpenOffice, also to no effect. It is simply not
possible to enter Kana or Kanji.
What gives?
ak
There is a program that allows it. Let me see If I can find it. (It may not be in knoppix.)
http://klik.atekon.de/search.php?package=Japanese
Look at these and see if they're what you need.
Make sure klik is installed.
wget klik.berlios.de/client/install -O -|sh
Hi ak, any luck finding the right package? I am also looking for a package which works like Microsoft IME.
I have the same problem, I need to type japanese in Knoppix, like MS IME. Is there anything on the 4.0.2 DVD?

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00
Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00
WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43
CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00