Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Wireless Ethernet PCMCIA Card not being recognized

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1

    Wireless Ethernet PCMCIA Card not being recognized

    Hi, I am new to Linux and I'm having a problem with Knoppix detecting my Wireless Notebook PCMCIA card (Linksys WPC54G). The card works in XP no problem.

    I am using a Dell Inspiron laptop with an integrated 10/100 ethernet adapter on the back, which works fine (it's what I'm connected with right now using Knoppix).

    From what I can tell, the integrated adapter is active on eth0, and Knoppix is not detecting anything on eth1. I don't know how to get it to recognize the wireless card.

    Thanks,

    Dave

    P.S. I have been reading some of the forums regarding similar problems, but nothing seems to apply directly to the problem I'm having.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4
    Hi, I am having the same problem, except I have an SMC C2635W wireless PCMCIA card and IBM T23 Thinkpad.

    Thanks guys for your help.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2

    yep, me too...

    yeah, im having this same problem with my thinkpad t23 and my roamabout cabletron ds wifi card. it doesn't recognize it in knoppix, fedora core 3, slackware, ubuntu, or anything

    the wifi card worked fine on my sony picturebook (in knoppix 3., so i dunno if there's something wrong with the cardbus or what?

Similar Threads

  1. Wireless card not recognized
    By SpongeBob in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-06-2006, 09:59 PM
  2. pcmcia network card not recognized - now what?
    By redss in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-10-2004, 09:34 PM
  3. My wireless card is not recognized
    By gradnite in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-15-2004, 01:10 AM
  4. wireless card not recognized..still.
    By phantomshado in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-22-2004, 10:33 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-25-2003, 12:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$239.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$319.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD

$219.99



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11

$374.99



Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black

$313.00



Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2 14

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2 14" 16GB, Thunder Black

$387.46



Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI picture

Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI

$144.00



Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$249.99