Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Runs great in German?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1

    Runs great in German?

    This being the first time in over a decade(UNIX in college) since I've used any OS other than Windows, I couldn't be more suprised when my cheap ole Inspiron 1000 booted and ran 3.7 on the first try. I haven't tried my wireless yet, but my wired LAN worked fine. The only problem I am having so far is that everything is in German. I don't remember enough German to change the langauge setting. Hopefully, someone can help me because I have been wanting to try Linux for awhile and I am in love with what I see.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981
    enter 'knoppix lang=us' at the boot prompt. Much easier than becoming fluent in German.

  3. #3
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashedAgain
    enter 'knoppix lang=us' at the boot prompt.
    It also helps to know that the = sign on a German keyboard is above the zero, so the way to enter this on a US keyboard is to type "knoppix lang)us", or so I'm told.

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix-STD - only comes with german keyboard? (german.kbd)
    By chaosnine in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-03-2017, 08:53 PM
  2. kwifimanager runs in german
    By HaIrLeSsHoBo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-09-2006, 03:24 AM
  3. Runs as root in remaster?
    By TyphoonMentat in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-03-2004, 10:10 PM
  4. My computer runs without M$
    By spydie in forum General Support
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-30-2003, 06:49 AM
  5. Great install, German Keyboard?
    By GREGC in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-08-2003, 06:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%) picture

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)

$45.00



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s

$78.00



HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640

$39.99



Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$318.99



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99