Have you tried the manufacturer's diagnostic utilities? Most manufacturer's offer the files/CD images/other in their websites. You'll need a working machine to prepare them.Originally Posted by mskogly
--GN
Hi. I recently installed knoppix to hd on a thinkpad t21, but today it started acting up, I cant even boot it, even when trying to run it from the cd. I've also tried booting from a DSL og Gentoo live cd disk and I get the same error message on all of them, something like:
status=0x5b {DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest Index Error}
hda: read_intr: error= 0x04 {DriveStatusError}
it basically just hangs there, trying to hook up the hd, and after a while i get
ide0: reset: success
and the it starts looping again.
this is a machine that fell to the floor at work, and I wanted to run it with knoppix precisely because I wouldn't need a harddrive, but no matter what I do im not able to boot this machine.
any utiities or tips i could use to just run a hd check? and why do knoppix cd boot insist on waiting for the faulty HD?
Have you tried the manufacturer's diagnostic utilities? Most manufacturer's offer the files/CD images/other in their websites. You'll need a working machine to prepare them.Originally Posted by mskogly
--GN

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC
$184.99
HP Z420 Pro Workstation PC Xeon E5-2660 8-Core 64GB RAM Quadro K5000 128GB SSD
$249.00
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro Core i5-7500 8 GB RAM 256GB SSD Microsoft Windows 11
$89.99
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused
$395.95
AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY
$39.99
Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590
$129.00
SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99