-
Broken hard drive {DriveStatusError}
Hi. I recently installed knoppix to hd on a thinkpad t21, but today it started acting up, I cant even boot it, even when trying to run it from the cd. I've also tried booting from a DSL og Gentoo live cd disk and I get the same error message on all of them, something like:
status=0x5b {DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest Index Error}
hda: read_intr: error= 0x04 {DriveStatusError}
it basically just hangs there, trying to hook up the hd, and after a while i get
ide0: reset: success
and the it starts looping again.
this is a machine that fell to the floor at work, and I wanted to run it with knoppix precisely because I wouldn't need a harddrive, but no matter what I do im not able to boot this machine.
any utiities or tips i could use to just run a hd check? and why do knoppix cd boot insist on waiting for the faulty HD?
Similar Threads
-
By PaulKraemer in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-08-2006, 04:49 PM
-
By husalah5150 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-22-2005, 05:06 PM
-
By FuZ3 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-03-2005, 04:13 AM
-
By Lintu in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-20-2005, 06:13 PM
-
By kidsatacrux in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 19
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 07:41 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$680.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Firewalla Gold Pro 10GbE Firewall Router with Rack Mount Ears and USB Key
$829.99

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00