-
want to install knoppix...plz help
Alright, here is my delima....I think. I have a NTFS 40 Gig Hard Drive, in which I tried to install knoppix to some time ago, using a partition made by partition magic, but then ended up screwing up the enter HD and had to reformat it, so I figured it was too risky to do. Today, I got a 6 Gig, FAT32 HD that I wish to install knoppix to. There is nothing on it, just freshly reformatted.
So i pop in the Knoppix CD, and use the command "sudo knoppix-installer" it starts the hdd install process, then tells me this drive doesn't meet the specifications, that it isnt blank, so it opens up some program called "QTParted" or something. So I format that drive using whatever that was, well that didnt work, so I went back to windows for a couple minutes. I then opened up My Computer, and noticed that the hd was no longer in the list. Yet, when I look here on knoppix, it does show up....
So I tried to install again, and this time it went through, but then said "You do not have the authority" or whatever "to write on this disk", which I read somewhere else it means that the hd needs to be unmounted. So my questions....
1. How do I umount the 6 gig HD?
2. Why isnt it showing up in the My Computer thing anymore?
3. If and when I get it installed to this HD, im not exactly sure how to boot from that HD, would i just do the good old F11 boot menu at startup and choose my second HD?
4. Once on knoppix will I still be able to access files from my other HD (Like my music etc) and same vice versa....
5. There is no 5, thanks in advance though to ANYONE who can help me out!
Similar Threads
-
By susanjohnson in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-21-2005, 11:36 AM
-
By techdesk in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-21-2005, 03:14 AM
-
By nmz787 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-21-2004, 09:17 AM
-
By Jez in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-09-2004, 09:06 PM
-
By Superstoned in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-27-2003, 03:04 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.51 CD SEALED
$145.00

Vintage Desktop No Brand-Pentium 4-512MB Ram 40GB HDD ATI R200 Fire GFx OS W98E
$139.99

Vintage Iwill XA100 Plus Super Socket 7 Motherboard + K6-III 450 + 896mb READ
$179.99

Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used
$39.99

VINTAGE Silicon Graphics SGI IRIS Indigo R3000 CMNB003 New Battery No Hard Drive
$999.99

Vintage Panasonic Sr. Partner RL-H7000W Portable IBM PC-Compatible Computer
$275.00

RAM-Tester for vintage RAM, 4816, 4164, 41256, 514402, and more - USA Seller
$35.00

Apple Keyboard Vintage M3501
$50.00

RARE-Vintage Emachines Monster 500A-Pentium III-256MB Ram 4.3GB HDD No OS *READ*
$299.99

APPLE IIC A2S4100 VINTAGE PERSONAL COMPUTER UNTESTED AS-IS, NO POWER CABLE
$149.99