Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: GUI for Networking?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3

    GUI for Networking?

    I am a newbie to the linux world. I have Knoppix installed on a machine and I had previously configured the networking during the install. However, my IP addressing on my network has changed and I need to update the Knoppix box with new IP info. Where do I do this, I would prefer a GUI but I can not seem to locate one. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    london town
    Posts
    220
    click the penguin then go to networkcard config. i do not know if this looks any differnt to when running it from the live cd.

    thats about the only gui your get. i would advise not to run DHCP boardcast because alot of the time its fails.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    You could try :
    KnetworkConf
    http://knetworkconf.sourceforge.net/

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3
    I do not see a penguin to click on? I have Debian Knoppix distribution. Any other idea's? Thanks.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    If you have a DCHP server on your local network then first try DCHP, it can't hurt.

    As for netcardconfig.

    Open up the main menu (extreme bottom left) and go to KNOPPIX, its somewhere in there (I'm not running knoppix right now so I don't know where.)

Similar Threads

  1. HELP ME WITH NETWORKING
    By aws in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-08-2005, 10:27 PM
  2. Help with Debian networking
    By Harry Kuhman in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-13-2004, 07:25 AM
  3. networking in Gnoppix
    By mcovey in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-07-2004, 01:44 AM
  4. Networking
    By anthonywandeto in forum Networking
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-02-2004, 03:41 PM
  5. Networking
    By Nthline in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-16-2003, 10:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$169.99



Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor

$175.00



HP Pavilion Laptop Computer 15.6 8-Core Intel i3 8GB RAM 628GB Storage, Open Box picture

HP Pavilion Laptop Computer 15.6 8-Core Intel i3 8GB RAM 628GB Storage, Open Box

$299.00



Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11 picture

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11

$250.00



AMD RYZEN 7 9800X3D 8-Core, 16-Thread Desktop Processor picture

AMD RYZEN 7 9800X3D 8-Core, 16-Thread Desktop Processor

$399.00



Apple Macbook Pro 13

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good

$464.99



AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor

$59.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor

$245.99



Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS picture

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS

$259.98



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused

$365.00