Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Amazing.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1

    Amazing.

    I tried Linux Mandrake 7.0 a couple of years ago and gave up in frustration after many attempts at configuring it. I am no geek.

    Today, just out of curiosty, I looked into Linux again, and read a review on Knoppix... I downloaded it, burned it & popped in the CD... three or four minutes later (after ZERO configuration) I was connected to the net via Linux! Wowzers...

    Now I just gotta figure out how to get the sound working, and I can install it to my HD permanently... too cool!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949

    Re: Amazing.

    Quote Originally Posted by k57
    I tried Linux Mandrake 7.0 a couple of years ago and gave up in frustration after many attempts at configuring it. I am no geek.

    Today, just out of curiosty, I looked into Linux again, and read a review on Knoppix... I downloaded it, burned it & popped in the CD... three or four minutes later (after ZERO configuration) I was connected to the net via Linux! Wowzers...

    Now I just gotta figure out how to get the sound working, and I can install it to my HD permanently... too cool!!
    You may want to try putting in a alsa "cheatcode" ( don't ask me, thats just what they're called)

    at the boot prompt type

    knoppix alsa
    There are a host of other cheatcodes, but from the sound of it you don't need them.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In a house... hopefully
    Posts
    554
    for the HD install... its something like
    Code:
    sudo knoppix-installer
    , thats what i remember it... i'll check

Similar Threads

  1. Sony PCG R505GL Knoppix is Amazing!
    By coldturkey in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-19-2005, 09:04 PM
  2. I Was Already Sold Before! But this is amazing.
    By sakiZ in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-14-2005, 03:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$115.00



BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD picture

BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD

$169.99



OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$12.99



TerraMaster F2-210 2-Bay NAS Server Cloud Storage  picture

TerraMaster F2-210 2-Bay NAS Server Cloud Storage

$199.95



Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU picture

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU

$649.00



All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive picture

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive

$15.95



ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB picture

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB

$350.00



Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP picture

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP

$299.00



SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA picture

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA

$284.99