You may want to try putting in a alsa "cheatcode" ( don't ask me, thats just what they're called)Originally Posted by k57
at the boot prompt type
knoppix alsa
There are a host of other cheatcodes, but from the sound of it you don't need them.
I tried Linux Mandrake 7.0 a couple of years ago and gave up in frustration after many attempts at configuring it. I am no geek.
Today, just out of curiosty, I looked into Linux again, and read a review on Knoppix... I downloaded it, burned it & popped in the CD... three or four minutes later (after ZERO configuration) I was connected to the net via Linux! Wowzers...
Now I just gotta figure out how to get the sound working, and I can install it to my HD permanently... too cool!!
You may want to try putting in a alsa "cheatcode" ( don't ask me, thats just what they're called)Originally Posted by k57
at the boot prompt type
knoppix alsa
There are a host of other cheatcodes, but from the sound of it you don't need them.
for the HD install... its something like, thats what i remember it... i'll checkCode:sudo knoppix-installer

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$140.00
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99
Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 48GB DDR4
$154.76
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08