Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Amazing.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1

    Amazing.

    I tried Linux Mandrake 7.0 a couple of years ago and gave up in frustration after many attempts at configuring it. I am no geek.

    Today, just out of curiosty, I looked into Linux again, and read a review on Knoppix... I downloaded it, burned it & popped in the CD... three or four minutes later (after ZERO configuration) I was connected to the net via Linux! Wowzers...

    Now I just gotta figure out how to get the sound working, and I can install it to my HD permanently... too cool!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949

    Re: Amazing.

    Quote Originally Posted by k57
    I tried Linux Mandrake 7.0 a couple of years ago and gave up in frustration after many attempts at configuring it. I am no geek.

    Today, just out of curiosty, I looked into Linux again, and read a review on Knoppix... I downloaded it, burned it & popped in the CD... three or four minutes later (after ZERO configuration) I was connected to the net via Linux! Wowzers...

    Now I just gotta figure out how to get the sound working, and I can install it to my HD permanently... too cool!!
    You may want to try putting in a alsa "cheatcode" ( don't ask me, thats just what they're called)

    at the boot prompt type

    knoppix alsa
    There are a host of other cheatcodes, but from the sound of it you don't need them.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In a house... hopefully
    Posts
    554
    for the HD install... its something like
    Code:
    sudo knoppix-installer
    , thats what i remember it... i'll check

Similar Threads

  1. Sony PCG R505GL Knoppix is Amazing!
    By coldturkey in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-19-2005, 09:04 PM
  2. I Was Already Sold Before! But this is amazing.
    By sakiZ in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-14-2005, 03:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1299.99



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$108.92



IBM SERVER SLED WITH HDD SCSI 8.8GB ,P005043441, AS IS,UNTESTED picture

IBM SERVER SLED WITH HDD SCSI 8.8GB ,P005043441, AS IS,UNTESTED

$165.00



IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A picture

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A

$1731.00



IBM X3650 M5 5462-AC1,2 X E5-2640V3 2.6GHZ 8C, 16 GB, DUAL 750W, 2 X 1TB SERVER picture

IBM X3650 M5 5462-AC1,2 X E5-2640V3 2.6GHZ 8C, 16 GB, DUAL 750W, 2 X 1TB SERVER

$349.99



Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs picture

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs

$49.99



IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU picture

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU

$250.00