-
Cannot see my thumbdrive
Hi
I'm booting from a Knoppix 3.2 CD on a IBM T41 laptop.
Problem is I cannot find where my USB 256MB is.
Any ideas where it should show up. It's not on the desktop.
Yes. I'm a Linux newbie - sorry.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: Cannot see my thumbdrive

Originally Posted by
gdog
I'm booting from a Knoppix 3.2 CD on a IBM T41 laptop.
Problem is I cannot find where my USB 256MB is.
Any ideas where it should show up. It's not on the desktop.
Try booting something newer, I'm not sure if 3.2 will find it. You should see it as another Hard Drive partition icon on the desktop, the name inside the brackets will likely be sda1 (as opposed to names like hda1 or hda5 for the hard drive partitions).
Similar Threads
-
By Krellan2 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-23-2006, 11:07 PM
-
By fidofido in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-27-2005, 08:09 PM
-
By TROLL1357 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 11
Last Post: 05-14-2004, 02:19 AM
-
By knopphead in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 19
Last Post: 05-09-2004, 08:32 AM
-
By smbenton in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-04-2003, 01:25 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Commodore 128 Computer Powers On Not Tested with Power Supply
$169.99

Commodore C128 Comp w/ Original Box TESTED & WORKING + Original & PETG Key Plung
$297.98

Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99

Commodore 16 C16 Computer Matching Serial Box Tutor Cartridge Tested Workong
$174.99

Commodore 1351 Mouse for Commodore 64/64C/128 w/ Box, Manuals, & Utility Disk
$199.99

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49

Commodore Amiga 1010 External 3.5” Floppy Drive A500 A1000 A2000 • Untested
$74.99

Commodore Amiga 500 in box NTSC with mouse and power supply 512k
$340.00

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

Commodore Amiga 1020 5.25" External Floppy Drive Not Tested Parts Only
$199.99